Friday, March 02, 2007

Why I'm Not Embedded in Iraq

The Army isn't helping win the war at home.
by Michael Fumento
03/02/2007 12:00:00 AM

MOST PEOPLE WOULD rather undergo several root canals than go to Iraq. Most reporters would, as well. But there are a tiny number who actually feel the need to do so--even to the extent that they're willing to pay all their own expenses in the hope, but nothing more--of recovering part or all of those expenses through donations and selling articles about their experiences. These are the citizen embeds, and I am one of them. I was supposed go over in February, but I didn't, and the reason I didn't is of more than personal interest."
more...:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the way, I forgot to mention that one “fan” called my “New Band of Brothers” article from Ramadi: "Great stuff with a great unit in a very tough neighborhood!" The fan? General David Petraeus, commander of coalition forces in Iraq.