Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Paratroopers on Toy Jump


Paratroopers donate toys for kids
12/07/2007 06:51 PM
By: Ilin Chen
FORT BRAGG -- Christmas can be quite the international affair on Fort Bragg. Hundreds of soldiers on the base are fighting for a good cause for the chance to jump with some of their foreign counterparts.
With dolls in hand, soldiers at Fort Bragg waited in line Friday, not to see Santa Claus but rather to be Santa by donating a brand new toy to a child in need.
"I always like to make the holidays a little bit better for somebody that's less fortunate than I am because I'd like to think that growing up, I had a lot of privileges that kids didn't always have,” said Capt. Tara Kaiser, 16th Military Police Brigade. “I’m honored to be a part of something that helps bring a smile to a kids face."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend in the 82nd 1-504, his name is edward watson at fob loyalty.

I am trying to promote my site www.adoptthe82nd.com. if you could take a look at it I sure would appreciate if you could give it a blurb on your site. i am trying to get as much care packages as possible to the troops. Thank you!
klaus@klpstudio.com