Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pentagon Announces Troop Rotations

ABC News: Pentagon Announces Troop Rotations: "The 3rd Infantry Division and the 4th Brigade of the 1st Infantry are part of the 57,000 troops who were notified by the Defense Department that they would serve as replacement forces in Iraq. The total includes 20,000 combat troops from five combat brigades, as well as 27,000 active duty troops and 10,000 reservists.
The other major units identified for deployment are the 4th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division from Fort Lewis, Wa; the 3rd Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division from Fort Benning, Ga; the 1st Brigade, 82nd Airborne Division from Fort Bragg, N.C.; and the 173rd Airborne Brigade from Vicenza, Italy."

As proud as I am of my son I still do not think I am ready for this.

1 comment:

membrain said...

I can imagine how worried you are about your son's safety. Know that he is doing what he wants to do and doing it with the best training in the world. My thougts are with you both. Thank your son for serving for those like me who are to old to serve again. God bless.